What’s one of our favorite summer tricks? Grilled fruit. From nectarines to pineapple, a light char on the grill accentuates their natural sweetness for a delicious summer treat.
Try this prosciutto and arugula salad with grilled peaches. It’s a seasonal twist on the classic melon and prosciutto pairing, with grilled peaches in place of cantaloupe.
- 4 ripe peaches, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 8 cups baby arugula
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 8 slices prosciutto, torn in half
- ½ cup fresh mozzarella, torn
- Flake sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat a grill.
- Lay the peaches cut-side up on a baking sheet and brush them with olive oil. When the grill is hot, transfer the fruit, cut-side up, to the grill and cook until the fruit begins to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the peaches and cook the exposed flesh until char-marked. Remove from the heat and let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Toss the arugula in a bowl with a generous drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice. Add the torn prosciutto and mozzarella, toss gently, season as needed and serve.
Find more tips, tricks and summer recipes in our Bon Appétit featured article here.